- Pre-application. Short report.
Presenting the short report (see Supplementary
Instructions N 10) is optional.
Nevertheless, some infromation about the system of the National Olympiads
would be helpful for the IAO Committee and should be included into the pre-application file.
- Taking into account late announcement about the dates and place of the IAO-2023,
the report and pre-application may be presented
1-4 weeks before the application.
- Normally the Chairman of the Olympic Advisory Committee will issue resolution
about possibility for the country to send full (or not full) team to the
IAO (i.e. solution about the representation quota: according to
or to # 5.2.2.
of the Statutes/Regulations the team may be form).
Temporary rule for IAO-2023: any country may send full team.
- Applications. Personal data for visas.
- The deadlines for receiving by LOC all
application documents, personal data and scans
of passports of proposed participants and leaders (maybe with some extra persons
for reserve) are:
Regular application deadline:
Late application deadline:
- 13 weeks before the Olympiad (as per the rules):
August 6, 2023;
- shifted to 6 weeks before the Olympiad (according to common solution of OAC and LOC):
September 24, 2023, 24h of local time (UT+8).
Applications received since
- 9 weeks before the Olympiad:
September 3, 2023;
- shifted to 4 weeks before the Olympiad (according to common solution of OAC and LOC):
October 10, 2023, 24h of local time (UT+8).
September 4 October 11 will be concidred as very late and most probably will be not accepted.
- Fees payment.
Please contact with LOC for details of bank transfer.
If you have any problems with the date or this method of payment, please contact with LOC as well.
Tentative schedule of the Olympiad
- Monday, November 6 - Day of arrival to Beijing
- Tuesday, November 7 - Day of opening ceremony
- Wednesday, November 8 - Day of the theoretical round
- Thursday, November 9 - Day of the observational round
- Friday, November 10 - Rest day, excursions
- Saturday, November 11 - Day of the practical round
- Sunday, November 12 - Day of excursions and practical|/observational moderation
- Monday, November 13 - Day of closing ceremony
- Tuesday, November 14 - Day of teams departure
Dr. Michael G. Gavrilov, Founding Chairman of the International Astronomy Olympiad,
ISSP of Russ. Acad. Sci., Academician Ossipyan street 2, 142432 Chernogolovka, Moscow region, Russia.
fax: + 7-(496-52)-28-160