The main points for formation of the teams
The 6th Asian-Pacific Astronomy Olympiad (November-December 2010):
Only students did not participated at the IAO-2010 may participate in
the APAO-2010 (that is a student may participate in the 15th
IAO or in the 6th APAO but not in both of these Olympiads).
For the 6th APAO the (age) group of participants to be
analogous to IAO groups, rules 4.5.2-4. to be used, i.e.:
- 4.5.1. The Olympiad participants are not supposed to study at
any institutions of higher education (university or school which
can be considered technical colleges). Students who finished their
school examination in the year of the Olympiad cannot be members
of a team even if they did not start university studies.
Some reasonable exceptions may be done by the IAO Chairman for actual
requests from team leaders.
National representation quota at APAO-2010 is (up to) 8 students and
2 team leaders (the same number is at the Asian Physics Olympiad):
not more than 4 participants for the younger group, not more than 4
participants for the senior group. (For the 6th APAO this
quota is for every country without additional demands, later rules to
be analogous to the #5.2. of
the IAO Statutes.) Observers are welcome as well.
In the case of absence of a National team from a country, the regions,
cities and towns or individuals of this country state are responsible
(by a permission) to take part in the 6th APAO.
- 4.5.2. The junior group:
- 126.96.36.199. Students, never participated in IAOs or APAOs before.
- 188.8.131.52. Participants not older than 15.00 years on January 1,
2010 (i.e. born in 1995 or later).
- 184.108.40.206. The last Form educating student cannot participate
in the junior group.
- 4.5.3. The senior group:
- 220.127.116.11. For the students never participated in IAOs and APAOs before:
Participants not older than 18.00 years on January 1, 2010 (i.e.
born in 1992 or later).
- 18.104.22.168. For the students one time participated in IAOs or APAOs:
Participants not older than 17.00 years on January 1, 2010 (i.e.
born in 1993 or later).
- 22.214.171.124. For the students participated in IAOs or APAOs more than one time:
Participants not older than 16.00 years on January 1, 2010 (i.e.
born in 1994 or later).
Note: It is recommended for the countries' internal rules
to restrict for every participant the participation in IAOs+APAOs
by two times.
- 126.96.36.199. The last Form educating student may participate only in
the senior group.
- 4.5.4. Participants of the both groups must be not younger than 14.00
years on December 31, 2010 (i.e. born not later December 31, 1996).
National Astronomy Olympic Committees and interested organizations
are welcome to ask more about the 6th APAO and in 2010 may
form the teams for the 15th IAO as well as for the 6th APAO.
The official APAO e-mail is a p a o [a] l i s t . r u .
Dr. Michael G. Gavrilov, Founding Chairman and Coordinator of the Asian-Pacific Astronomy Olympiad (APAO)
ISSP of Russ. Acad. Sci., Institute street 2, 142432 Chernogolovka, Moscow region, Russia.
fax: + 7-(496-52)-49-701