Supplementary Instructions N 3
in Russian (not ready now)
It is a short issue of the Supplementary
Instructions N 3 - actually for IAO-2005
Participants. Groups of participants. General (# 4.5. of the Acting Statutes/Regulations)
and temporal (according to # 4.5.8. of the Acting Statutes/Regulations)
rules valid for 2005:
[Since founding of the Olympiad]
School children of two groups take part in the Olympiad.
These groups are defined by the following:
For the initial period of the Olympiad (1996-2007) in order
to popularisation the Olympiad the following temporal rules
of forming the country's teams are established:
1. Temporal rules for the case of absence of a National
team from a country.
In the case of absence of a National team from a country,
the regions, cities and towns or individuals of this country
are responsible (by a permission of
the Olympic Coordinating
Council) to take part in the Olympiad.
Team of region, city, town:
Total numbers of participants and team leaders from a country
should not exceed the numbers of the national
- not more than 2 participants in the younger group.
- not more than 1 participant in the senior group.
- prizewinners (I-st or II-nd prize) of the previous IAO not older
than the age limit who did not used such a possibility before.
- exactly 2 team leaders (specialists in astronomy or astronomy education).
2. Status of a country, starting activity in IAO.
For the Olympiads since 2004 only the
countries participating in IAO the first or the second time
(including participating as town teams from the country) are
considered are considered as countries, starting their activity
in IAO. That is for IAO-2005 the following countries are not
considered as countries, starting their activity:
- Armenia (Am)
- Brazil (Br)
- Bulgaria (Bg)
- China (Cn)
- Crimea (Cr)
- Indonesia (Id)
- India (In)
- Iran (Ir)
- Italy (It)
- Korea (Kr)
- Lithuania (Lt)
- Moscow Land (Ml)
- Romania (Ro)
- Russia (Ru)
- Serbia and Montenegro (Yu)
- Sweden (Se)
3. For the countries, starting their activity in the
International Astronomy Olympiad and for the students participating
the first time in IAO the age limits for the groups for IAO-2005
are defined as:
- younger group: born after January 1, 1990;
- senior group: born after January 1, 1988.
4. For the students from the countries, not starting their
activity in the International Astronomy Olympiad, and who participating
in IAO not the first time the age limits for the groups are defined as:
- younger group: born after March 1, 1990;
- senior group: born after September 1, 1988.
Those who are interested to get further information about the Olympiad
are welcome to contact the Advisory
Olympic Committee in English or Russian.
Dr. Michael G. Gavrilov, Chairman of the Advisory
of the X International Astronomy Olympiad (2005),
ISSP of Russ. Acad. Sci., Institute avenue 15, 142432 Chernogolovka, Moscow region, Russia.