- Pre-registration. Short reports.
For regularly participating countires:
As an obligatory preparing for the application a short report
of National Olympiad of the current year has to be presented by
the applicating team (see the necessary actual points of the report,
its form and examples in the
Supplementary Instructions N 10).
The report with texts of all problems used during all-national stages
(including ones during the possible preparing camps) of the National
Olympiad should be done in one of the official languages of the
Olympiad (English or Russian).
The final minutes (protocols written in Latin or Cyrillic)
of the Olympiad (evaluating of solutions of the students participated
in the last stage of the Olympiad) should be included as well.
For new participaing countries:
For new participaing countries and the countries, starting their activity
at the International Astronomy Olympiad (see the
Supplementary Instructions N 3),
presenting the short report is optional.
Nevertheless, some infromation about the system of the National Olympiads
would be helpful for the IAO Committee.
- According to the IAO-regulations the report to be presented
5 weeks before the application.
Pre-registration is desirable together with the short report.
- According to the information above the regular deadline
for receiving the short reports of Nationals Olympiads
of the current year (with a set of all problems used on the National
Olympiads) is defined as:
(The first requirement for regular
- 13 plus 5 = 18 weeks before the Olympiad (as per the rules):
June 7, 2014;
- moved to 14 weeks before the Olympiad (according to common solution of OAC and LOC):
July 5, 2014, 24h of local time (UT+6).
- Not later than in
five four weeks after receiving
the report (later you may find
a timetable here)
the Chairman of the Olympic Advisory Committee will issue resolution
about possibility for the country to send full (or not full) team to the
IAO (i.e. solution about the representation quota: according to
or to # 5.2.2.
of the Statutes/Regulations the team may be form).
In cases the decision for some team is not clear the Chairman organizes
discussion in the Olympic Advisory Committee for the common issue.
- After receiving the resolution ANRAO may send application.
- Applications. Personal data for visas.
- For all teams:
for receiving by LOC all
application documents, personal data
and scans of passports of proposed participants and leaders (maybe with
some extra persons for reserve) are:
(The second requirement for regular
- Regular deadline:
13 weeks before the Olympiad (as per the common rules):
July 12 , 2014;
- moved to 10 weeks before the Olympiad (according to common solution of OAC and LOC):
August 2, 2014, 24h of local time (UT+6).
(Accommodation fees as per late application.)
- Late application deadline:
9 weeks before the Olympiad:
August 9 , 2014;
- moved to 6 weeks before the Olympiad:
August 30, 2014, 24h of local time (UT+6).
(Accommodation fees as per very late application.)
- Very late application deadline:
To be announced later.
Tentative schedule of the Olympiad
- Saturday, October 11 - Arriving of some teams
- Sunday, October 12 - Day of arrival to Bishkek
- Monday, October 13 - Day of opening ceremony
- Tuesday, October 14 - Day of travel from Bishkek to Cholpon-Ata, rest
- Wednesday, October 15 - Day of the theoretical round
- Thursday, October 16 - Day of the observational round
- Friday, October 17 - Rest day, excursions
- Saturday, October 18 - Day of the practical round
- Sunday, October 19 - Day of excursions
- Monday, October 20 - Day of closing ceremony
- Tuesday, October 21 - Day of teams departure
It will take 4/4,5 hours (day/night time) to travel
from Cholpon-Ata to airport.
So teams should depart from IAO venue 7/7,5 hours before flight departure, and
for comfortable travel LOC recommends to use flights with departure 13:00 and later.
- Wednesday, October 22 - Departure of some teams
Bishkek and Cholpon-Ata
Accommodation in Bishkek (Oct. 12-14) - Hotel Dostuk in the centre of the city.
Accommodation in Cholpon-Ata (Oct. 14-21) - Health Resort “Kyrgyzskoye Vzmorie”.
Climate and weather of Bishkek and Cholpon-Ata
Geomagnetic forecast for Bishkek:
Past four International Astronomy Olympiads
The 15th IAO,
Sudak, October 16-24, 2010.
The 16th IAO,
Alma-Ata, September 22-30, 2011.
The 17th IAO,
Gwangju, October 16-24, 2012.
The 18th IAO,
Vilnius, September 6-14, 2013.
Dr. Michael G. Gavrilov, Founding Chairman of the International Astronomy Olympiad,
ISSP of Russ. Acad. Sci., Academician Ossipyan street 2, 142432 Chernogolovka, Moscow region, Russia.
fax: + 7-(496-52)-28-160