The main points for formation of the teams
The 7th Asian-Pacific Astronomy Olympiad (November 2011):
Only students did not participated at the IAO-2011 may participate in
the APAO-2011 (that is a student may participate in the 16th
IAO or in the 7th APAO but not in both of these Olympiads).
The groups of contestants for the 7th APAO are the same as for
IAO groups, rules 4.5.2-4. are in operation, i.e.:
- 4.5.1. The Olympiad participants are not supposed to study at
any institutions of higher education (university or school which
can be considered technical colleges). Students who finished their
school examination in the year of the Olympiad cannot be members
of a team even if they did not start university studies.
Some reasonable exceptions may be done by the IAO Chairman for actual
requests from team leaders.
National representation quota at APAO-2011 is (up to) 8 students and
2 team leaders (the same number is at the Asian Physics Olympiad):
not more than 4 participants for the group Alpha, not more than 4
participants for the group Beta. (For the 7th APAO this
quota is for every country without additional demands, later rules to
be analogous to the #5.2. of
the IAO Statutes.) Observers are welcome as well.
Students who have right to participate in IAO-2011 out of quota may
participate in APAO-2011 instead of IAO-2011 (out of quota as well).
In the case of absence of a National team from a country, the regions,
cities and towns or individuals of this country state are responsible
(by a permission) to take part in the 7th APAO.
- 4.5.2. The group Alpha:
- 18.104.22.168. Students, never participated in IAOs or APAOs before.
- 22.214.171.124. Participants not older than 15.00 years on January 1,
2011 (i.e. born in 1996 or later).
- 126.96.36.199. The last Form educating student cannot participate
in the group Alpha.
- 4.5.3. The group Beta:
- 188.8.131.52. For the students never participated in IAOs and APAOs before:
Participants not older than 18.00 years on January 1, 2011 (i.e.
born in 1993 or later).
- 184.108.40.206. For the students one time participated in IAOs or APAOs:
Participants not older than 17.00 years on January 1, 2011 (i.e.
born in 1994 or later).
- 220.127.116.11. For the students participated in IAOs or APAOs more than one time:
Participants not older than 16.00 years on January 1, 2011 (i.e.
born in 1995 or later).
Note: It is recommended for the countries' internal rules
to restrict for every participant the participation in IAOs+APAOs
by two times.
- 18.104.22.168. The last Form educating student may participate only in
the group Beta.
- 4.5.4. Participants of the both groups must be not younger than 14.00
years on December 31, 2011 (i.e. born not later December 31, 1997).
- The age rules presented in table.
National Astronomy Olympic Committees and interested organizations
are welcome to ask more about the 7th APAO and in 2011 may
form the teams for the 16th IAO as well as for the 7th APAO.
The official APAO e-mail is a p a o [a] l i s t . r u .
Dates, deadlines and applications
Published in the 3rd announcement.