Avaliable methods of research
Total conductivity, Seebeck coefficient and ion transference number measurements in atmospheres
Standard measuring ranges:
- 4-probe DC conductivity measurements in controlled atmospheres, combined with Seebeck coefficient determination. The measurements can be performed in the temperature range 650 - 1000 îÑ at oxygen partial pressures from 10-20 up to 1 atm.
- Impedance spectroscopy and 4-probe DC conductivity measurements at 20 - 1100 î Ñ in flowing dried or humidified gases: air, O2, Ar, 7% H2 – Ar, CO2 or their mixtures.
- Ion transference number determination by modified electromotive force (EMF) and faradaic efficviency (FE) methods, taking electrode polation into account.
- The oxygen and water vapor partial pressures in the gas flows are continuously controlled by sensors. When necessary, gas chromatographic analysis can also be used.
- Long-term stability tests of selected materials and complex electrochemical cells.
Types of materials tested:
- Total electrical conductivity: from 10-8 to 104 S/cm,
- Grain-boundary contributions to electrical resistivity: 0.5 to 100%,
- Seebeck coefficient: 1 to 800 µV/K,
- Oxygen ion transference numbers: 10-4 to 0.999,
- Proton transference numbers: 0.05 to 0.99,
- Electrolytic domain boundaries: 10-20 to 0.8 atm O2.
- Dense and porous ceramics,
- Porous electrodes,
- Multilayered electrochemical cells,
- Green compacts.