Avaliable methods of research
The technique is based on the measurements of a sample length variations with temperature or isothermal changes of the atmosphere,
imploying the Linseis L75 vertical dilatometer. During testing, the sample is placed under a fixed low mechanical stress (50 - 450 mN).
- Materials: ceramics, glass-ceramics and other composites, single crystals, powder green compacts, alloys in form of bars of cylinders. The optimum sample dimensions: 3?3?15 mm. The device is calibrated using Al2O3, quartz or 8YSZ standarts.
- The method makes it possible to determine linear thermal expansion coefficients (TECs), chemical expansion, softening point of glass and glass-ceramic materials, onset and degree of sintering of porous samples, phase transitions of 2nd type etc.
- Temperature range: 20 - 1600 îÑ.
- Gas atmospheres: air, Î2, Ar, 7% Í2 - Ar, ÑÎ2, and mixtures of these gases. The measurements can be carried out both in static and flowing gases.
- The gas system is equipped with a programmable gas-box, electrochemical oxygen pump and a sensor enabling to ajust and to continuously control the oxygen partial pressure in the range 10-21 - 1 atm.
- In separate cases, humidity control is also possible.