Methods of the Fermi-liquid description
E.V. Deviatov, PhD
- Introduction. Electron-electron interaction
- Landau theory of the Fermi-liquid. Kinetic equation.
- Some aspects of quantum mechanics. Secondary quantization, Fermi golden rule.
- Hartree-Fock approximation I. BCS theory of superconductivity.
- Formalism of the response functions. Dynamic form-factor, density-density response function.
- Fermi-liquid of charged particles. Screening. Dielectric function.
- Hartree-Fock approximation II. Random phase approximation. Habbard corrections.
- Kubo-greenwood formula. One-dimensional transport, Landauer formalism. One-parameter scaling hypotheses.
- Dielectric susceptibility of a two-dimensional electron gas in RPA approximation. Friedel oscillations. Scattering of electrons by charged impurities.