Basics of the experimental techniques
E.V. Deviatov, DrS
- Introduction. Applied and fundamental physics.
- Units of physical quantities, systems of units, standards.
- Methods and strategy of measurements. Theory of errors.
- Characteristics of the experimental setups. Description of the measuring systems by differential equations.
- Backward influence of the measuring system on the experimental object: matching. Noise, stray pick-up.
- Structure of the measuring systems. Sensors.
- Structure of the measuring systems. Amplification. Lock-in amplifier.
- Structure of the measuring systems. Digital-analog conversion. Analog-digital conversion.
- Interface between the computer and the measuring system. IEEE-488 standard.
- Cryogenic liquids. Cryogenic technique.
- Vacuum technique. Pumps.
- Magnetic field.
- High-frequency generators and measuring systems.